Does FuelCMS support CI 2's migrations?

edited April 2012 in Feature Requests
Hey there, I've just found out about CI 2's 'migration class' http://codeigniter.com/user_guide/libraries/migration.html and I was wondering if you could provide any insight as on how to make use of them within Fuel Models.
I don't even know if I got it 100% right, but I'm hoping that using some sort of migration methods i can keep track of DB table changes and then move these to the production server once the updates go live... makes sense?

Comments

• edited 9:13PM
    Yes. You can use any native CI library like normal. FUEL doesn't make use of the library at the moment but we do have some plans for it.
    ah sure, of course!
    it would rock if Fuel had this natively!
    hey admin btw, is there like a place for discussing Fuel's development? I'd love to participate somehow!
    The slated next version will have an updated version of CI which contains the library. With regards to a place for discussing FUEL's development, the forum is currently the place for that. We have been working a lot on the next release which is a drastic overhaul and hope to have something to put on GitHub even if in beta format in the coming months. Because of all the changes, we wanted to wait until after the release before we started investing more into the community aspects of FUEL mostly because of the changes being made. More to come.
    sounds awesome!!! cannot wait for the new version... please keep us posted!!!