Variables in include file, added in header block, not available to view file

edited September 2011 in Share
Hello everyone, please i need some help.
I got a php file with some variables (like a config file) that i required (included) in the header of my header file (header block).

When i try to access these variables from my view files, i get a php error : undefined variable.

so i then did an include of the same file in the view file, every thing works except i am getting nasty notices and errors such as:

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: confs/e2config.php

Line Number: 24

Please help, this project was due last week.

Comments

• Can you post some code please?
  • edited 8:41PM
    from my header (header layout block)

<?php require($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/########/assets/confs/e2config.php');?>

contents of e2config.php (some)

image/loading_hill.gif" width="50" height="50" alt="" id="bar" />

image/play.png" title="<?php echo PLAYTEXT;?>" border="0" align="absmiddle" class="controls" rel=" " /> |
  • Can you just include the e2config.php file in each view and not in the header block without getting errors? I know this is not the ideal solution, but it might be a work around until someone else can chime in with a better solution.
    Hard to tell what's going on without seeing the full code.

Maybe you could try and include these constants in the global.php variables file, instead of using an includes?
    I think Tallowman's idea of putting it into the global.php variable may be a good idea.
    Thank you but please can you show me an example on how to do it.
    like with these

define('THUMBSTEXT', 'Toggle Thumbs');
    define('GALLERIESTEXT', 'View Galleries');
    define('INFOTEXT', 'View Info');
    define('PLAYTEXT', 'Play Slideshow');
    define('PAUSETEXT', 'Pause Slideshow');

and the global.php file your referring to, is the global variables file in the view folder ?

thanks in advance
    @toymachiner62
    i thought of that, but some css and js paths depend on some variables in the include file.

Thanks though
    You can try just pasting those constants in the fuel/application/views/_variables/global.php file.
    Thank you so much Admin, I will do just that.
    Thank you so much that worked nicely.