Customization Questions

edited June 2011 in Share
I'm beginning a project with FuelCMS and had a couple of questions regarding my customization of this CMS for the website I'm working on.

1) Do I save all CSS, JS, images and other assets in the /assets folder or can/should I make these folders under the application folder instead? Another way of asking this: Is the assets folder hands-off (belonging to Fuel), or should it be used to house the site-specific asset files?
2) Can I just start making controllers under application/controllers, and then expect those functions to map to the URI in the pattern {controller name}/{function name}?

Thanks,
Erik

Comments

• edited 8:56AM
    Ok, I answered question #2 myself. My goal essentially right now is to create a signup page that displays a form with information for the user to fill out to create an account, and that information gets sent to an external database, so there is no need for a model file. Can I use Fuel's form_builder to create this form without an actual model?
  • edited 8:56AM
    You don't need a model to use Form_builder. You can just pass it an array of field values using the set_fields method.
    http://www.getfuelcms.com/user_guide/libraries/form_builder

With regards to your assets question, you can change the location of the assets folder but will need to also change it in the fuel/application/config/asset.php file as well as possibly the .htaccess (which blocks access to all files in the fuel folder accept for those found in the the fuel/modules/{module}/assets/). My recommendation would be to leave it as is unless you really need to change it.