The filetype you are attempting to upload is not allowed.
  • Hi,

Since I updated my Fuel-CMS to 1.4 I get this error when I try to upload an asset.
    Can you please point me in the right direction to fix this problem.
    https://screencast.com/t/Md8GQdLnCdBz

Thanks,
    Jeroen
  • What's the file type you are trying to upload and is it and is that file type in the "editable_asset_filetypes" "assets" key parameter in MY_fuel.php? The default value (which is found in the fuel/modules/fuel/config/fuel.php file and overwritten by the contents in MY_fuel.php) is the following:

$config['editable_asset_filetypes'] = array(
    'images' => 'jpg|jpeg|jpe|gif|png|zip|svg',
    'pdf' => 'pdf|zip',
    'media' => 'mov|mp3|aiff|mpeg|zip',
    'assets' => 'jpg|jpeg|jpe|png|gif|mov|mpeg|mp3|wav|aiff|pdf|css|zip|svg'
    );

Also, the fuel/application/config/mimes.php may not have the correct mapping for the file you are uploading. I sometimes directly debug that in the CI Upload class looking at the file_type property.
  • I'm just trying to upload a regular .jpg

I've pasted the snippet above in both MY_fuel.php and fuel/config/fuel.php.

Still the same. How can I debug the CI Upload class.
  • According the CI Upload class the upload image is: image/jpeg
    and the allowed_types are: array(7) { [0]=> string(3) "jpg" [1]=> string(4) "jpeg" [2]=> string(3) "jpe" [3]=> string(3) "gif" [4]=> string(3) "png" [5]=> string(3) "zip" [6]=> string(3) "svg" }

If I set the $ignore_mime to TRUE then the file will upload.

Will this be a security risk?
  • Are you able to get to what line the CI_Upload::is_allowed_filetype() method is returning false at (e.g. between 885 and 923 in latest release)?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!