Making Blog submodules accessible to other (non-admin) users

edited January 2016 in Modules
In a deployed site that uses the blog module, I cannot seem to get permissions working. I can see all the blog submodules (articles, categories, comments, links, authors) but another (non-admin) user cannot. Technically all he needs is the comments, so I set up new permissions (blog/comments/create, blog/comments/edit and so on) in the CMS and associated the other user with them. However he still does not see any of the blog-related menu items on the left.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Comments

• edited 12:24AM
    What version of the Blog module are you using (fuel/application/modules/blog/config/blog_constants.php displays it)? We just pushed out 1.1 a week ago. You can install the permissions using the command line running:
    >php index.php fuel/installer/install blog
    Definitely 1.0 then. I'll give 1.1 a go and report back, thanks!
    Apparently I set up the permissions wrong. I imported the files from blog module v1.1 and noticed the way permissions were set up was changed in v1.1:

https://github.com/daylightstudio/FUEL-CMS-Blog-Module/blob/master/config/blog_fuel_modules.php

In the end I only updated this one file. Actually, only parts of it - the lines that changed the $config['modules'][X]['[permissions'] values for each blog submodule X.

Afterwards, I deleted the permissions I'd set up before (blog/comments/create, etc), and set up the new ones (blog_comments/create, etc).

Until I actually get around to updating fully to v1.1, this'll do :)

Thanks for the suggestion.