Forms module

edited September 2015 in Modules
I'm trying to use the forms module. All's going well with it, however, I have two specific issues.

Firstly, I need to output the form in DIV's not a TABLE. I have seen this is possible but can't implement it with the form module.

Secondly, I need the form thank you page to be a fuel cms page.

Are these possible while still retaining the advantages of using the cms form module?

Comments

• edited 10:47AM
    To generate the proper HTML, I'd recommend creating your own block of HTML to structure it how you want. The Customizing the HTML section explains it a little more in detail (and note the next section for Special Hidden Fields which allows you to setup a custom thank you page URL):
    http://docs.getfuelcms.com/modules/forms
    Hi Admin,

Going down the route of creating a block, can I still use the fuelcms form module? I can't find out how to access the 'After submit' -> 'form action'.
    Yes, you can still use the CMS. You just need to specify the block value as opposed to it being auto created under the Form tab > Form display option. To grab the properties of the created form, you can first grab the form instance by using the following:
    $form = $this->fuel->forms->get('myform);
    Then you can use any of the properties listed here under the Kitchen Sink example:
    http://docs.getfuelcms.com/modules/forms
    echo $form->form_action;
    Hi Admin,

Thank for that, I feel I've made lots of progress and I'm almost there. The final stumbling block is forwarding to a thank you page. I've set the return_url in the modules and it's been set in the form, but when the form is submitted it displays the form with 'thanks' under it and doesn't got to the 'thank you' page set-up in the cms.

Is this something I need to set-up in the form block?
    just spotted

return_url // only works if javascript_submit = FALSE
    That's it.