Installing Fuel to existing CI site

edited December 2010 in Installation
Hey all,

It looks as though Fuel is a great addition to my webapp. I've downloaded the .91 branch, uploaded it to my webroot, configured my database etc. and everything looks great. My question is - do I need to move all of my existing views, controllers, libraries etc. into my fuel folder for it to read properly? It seems like I now have a lot of duplicate files from my CI installation and something doesn't feel right.

Please advise - I look forward to becoming a part of the Fuel community and contributing where I can.

Dave

Comments

• edited 6:00AM
    Yes, you will need to move your views, controllers, models, and add them to the appropriate fuel/application folders.
    Thanks - do I leave the rest of my CI installation intact as is? Is there anything else I should effectively remove as a result of installing Fuel?
    FUEL has it's own codeigniter directory which contains all the core CI files (so you don't need to keep that). The fuel/application would be the equivalent to your CI application directory and is intended for any of your site specific code. The fuel specific code exists in the fuel/modules directories mostly (with the exception of some helper and libraries that are shared like the Asset library and asset_helper).
    Ah, so, it's basically like a fresh installation of CI but prepackaged with the FUEL CMS?
    yes