Windows server install

edited January 2015 in Share
I've installed Fuel on a GoDaddy Windows server (not my choice!) and they use Percona as a drop-in for MySQL.

Are there any tips for Windows based installs - re web.config and db driver? So far it works OK but is slooow!

Comments

• edited 9:59AM
    Hmmm... that does sound like a double whammy being on GoDaddy and Windows. Unfortunately (or fortunately), we rarely do Window's installs and aren't familiar with Percona either.
  • edited February 2015
    Aww too bad, this site is giving me headaches! The good news is that Fuel works a good 99.9%!

One issue is that uploaded PDF's in the Assets module can be seen (by the asset module) but not downloaded, Fuel kicks in with the 404 response. Images in assets aren't a problem, but they seem to have the same permissions?
    Downloaded meaning in the Assets module, you click on the PDF and it goes to a 404 error?
  • edited February 2015
    Yes! It's not a MIME mis-identity issue I think, as CI would give a different error. Unless a 404 is triggered by a MIME issue? I often have to attend to MIMEs as browsers seem to have their own interpretations. But it only happens on the Windows server.
    The link in the Assets module should just be a normal hyperlink to the PDF. Is the assets/pdf folder accessible via the browser?
    OK - I worked it out - there was a permissable file list in the web.config (IIS' .htaccess) that didn't include 'pdf'.
  • edited February 2015
    If anyone wants an example of a working web.config for Fuel, here's mine:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <configuration> <system.webServer> <rewrite> <rules> <rule name="Redirect to non-www" stopProcessing="true"> <match url="(.*)" negate="false"></match> <action type="Redirect" url="http://yourdomain.com/{R:1}"></action> <conditions> <add input="{HTTP_HOST}" pattern="^yourdomain\.com$" negate="true"></add> </conditions> </rule> <rule name="Rewrite to index.php"> <match url="index.php|sitemap.xml" /> <action type="None" /> </rule> <rule name="Rewrite CI Index"> <match url=".*" /> <conditions> <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" pattern="css|js|jpg|jpeg|png|gif|ico|htm|html|pdf|txt|mp3|mp4|m4v|m4a" negate="true" /> </conditions> <action type="Rewrite" url="index.php/{R:0}" /> </rule> </rules> </rewrite> </system.webServer> </configuration>