Tools in Dashboard is missing

edited December 2014 in Modules
Hi everyone,

I've managed to install the blog module manually and it shows on the dashboard just fine. However, I'm having a hard time installing the other modules like backup and user_guide. I don't even see the 'Tools' module on the dashboard.

The files from https://github.com/daylightstudio are already in my fuel/modules directory running php index.php fuel/installer/install user_guide inside /[My Fuel installation folder]/ doesn't seem to work though, it returns the homepage markup in the terminal.

Any help?

Thanks!

Comments

• edited 6:57PM
    You should just be able to place those folders in the fuel/modules/{module} name. You will need to rename the folder most likely from what is downloaded to the module name (e.g. user_guide, backup, etc). Tools is just a grouping in the navigation and isn't a module to download. After they are placed in the folder, you can run the installers to install the permissions and add it to the allowed modules in the fuel/application/config/MY_fuel.php file.
  • edited 6:57PM
    Thanks for the response admin!

I solved the problem by changing the value of $config['uri_protocol'] from 'PATH_INFO' to 'AUTO'.

Do you know why that fixed my problem? How does changing the uri protocol config variable affect the system anyway?