site language problem

edited September 2014 in Modules
As i want to use "en" instead of "english" in url and i want to use english backend admin with front end pages in localized language. I am not able to utilize the language abilities of fuel CMS. so i did a quick trick. I setted a global variable called site_lang. Then when i building url, i use <?php echo site_url().$site_lang;?> in various view files.

Although this solutions works fine for custom build pages, it does not work on dynamic pages build at the backend. In the "location" field, i have to manually put "en/home".

How can i automate this part, so i am not enforced to input "en/", but just "home" in the location field?

Comments

• edited 6:01AM
    What values do you have for your $config['languages'] in your FUEL config?
    english=>"English"
    You can change it to "en" => "English", but the first one listed in the languages config is considered the default which means that it won't automatically be appended to the URI.
    so there is no way to automate this part, at the moment? may i know which function in the system handling the routing part for these dynamic pages? maybe i can modify the function to include the language
    Are you seeing a language dropdown when you create a page in the CMS (you need to have more then one for it to appear)?
    yes i tried to use the language module, but i dont think it fits my needs at the moment, as the backend need to remain as english...only front end to be appear as other languages.
    The language dropdown under the Pages module is for the front end only. If you specify multiple languages in your config, then a dropdown should appear when creating/editing a page. You can change this when creating/editing a page to associate variables to different language versions of the page. Then on the front end you can access the pages with the URI segment like http://mysite.com/{language}/my_page
  • edited September 2014
    i set

// languages for pages. The key is saved to the page variables
    $config['languages'] = array(
    'en' => 'English',
    );

// append the current language value to the site URL automatically
    $config['add_language_to_site_url'] = TRUE;

but i noticed that when i creating page at the backend, if i dont put "en/page1" to the location field and putting "page1" instead. The page can only be access at localhost/cms/page1, the en language is not automatically appended to url.

how to make it auto appending
    You'll need to have more then one language in the $config['languages'] array for that to kick in.