Same page in multiple languages

edited April 2014 in Modules
Hello,

just a simple question: what is the easiest way to make the same page appear in the site tree in multiple languages? Or do the pages have to be entirely separate, all in the same tree? Not sure if it's a bug or I'm doing something wrong, but even though I set up two languages in the config file (English and Lithuanian) and see them in the dropdown menu when creating pages, once I save the page, leave it and get back to it, I still see "English" as the selected item. The database entries seem to be storing the associated language correctly, though. Weird!

I have played around with FuelCMS a bit some time ago and fell in love with it immediately. The only thing holding me back was multi-language support (actually I have no idea when it was added, might have very well been from the get-go, hah). Anyway, the fact this actually exists in FuelCMS means I'll most likely not use another CMS for a long time, that's for sure :) Great, great job.

Martin

Comments

• edited 12:54AM
    When you create a page in FUEL that has multiple languages there is only one entry for the page location. The actual page variables get associated with the language. So the representation in the tree and list view is that you only see the page and then clicking in the page you get the selection for multiple languages. Is this with the latest version of FUEL (1.0.5)?
  • edited 12:54AM
    Okay, now I feel really stupid. I was used to the way SilverStripe did this where every language had its own tree.

Works great, thanks for the quick reply :) Yes, I'm using the latest version.